06-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
maupineda
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC

EU Headers + DKF Section 1 w/300 cell cats + SS X-Pipe + Remus Review

As per the title, sorry for it to be too long

I recently purchased a set of REMUS mufflers from the classifieds, I went wiht REMUS as I had heard they were very mild and almost like the factory mufflers in terms of sound and just a bit more volume, well WHAT A LIE!!!!

With my setup they are LOUD as hell, they certainly do not drone, or not much, it is more of a volume issue, also the tone is very aggressive and tends to be tiny, they are so loud that they mask the induction noise of the Karbonious intake!!!!

I have not been able to record audio clip, but watch this video, he had the same setup except his X-Pipe was from RE, but that would make no difference if you ask me (I had both!).

when I first bought the car, it had DFK with 100cel cats, RE X-Pipe and Stromung, which I sold and replaced with the OE mufflers, I even tried and changed the RE X-Pipe for a SS thinking it could help as I had read the RE pipe may be louder. So to summarize my setups...

1. EU Headers + DKF Section 1 w/100 cell cats + RE X-Pipe Review + Stromung = mid-high volume but a lot of drone in the 2-3k rpm range

2. EU Headers + DKF Section 1 w/100 cell cats + RE X-Pipe + OE Mufflers = low volume, no drone, but a little deeper tone due to non-resonated X-Pipe

3. EU Headers + DKF Section 1 w/100 cell cats + SS X-Pipe + OE Mufflers = Same as #2 (no change)

4. EU Headers + DKF Section 1 w/300 cell cats + SS X-Pipe + OE Mufflers = Same as #2 (no change)

5. EU Headers + DKF Section 1 w/300 cell cats + SS X-Pipe + Remus = F...k!! Very loud, high volume (masks CSL induction), but no drone. is so loud I feel ashame and everyone looks at you after 4k rpm!!!

Below is my next trial

6. EU Headers + DKF Section 1 w/300 cell cats + OE X-Pipe + Remus, I hope this lowers the tone and volume, but I don't have high hopes as the resonator is rather small, tiny actually.

So, anyone that says REMUS is quite, needs and earing check!

Watch at 5:24

In fact, they make fun how quiet the exhaust is throughout the video

Last edited by maupineda; 08-21-2020 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0