rockstar93
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
To revive the thread- someone contacted and said they are in contact with a person at WeatherTech. They are supposedly open to making a new run of the M trunk liner tray. I am going to lend mine to send to WeatherTech for measurements. Hopefully this will fulfill a need. I am actually surprised WeatherTech would do this considering how few M Roadsters there are on the road. Couldn't be many that will actually by the mat at this point(or could there???).
I have a close business relationship with WeatherTech Canada and I had brought up the potential development of a set of floor liners for the manual transmission vehicles (their current offering is only approved on the autos).

They said while they strive to have an application for every vehicle and trim, older models are so low on the priority list (and a lower-volume car like a Z4 even lower) that it likely would never be a reality.

My understanding of their business is that they'll measure/scan anything, but the real backup is in the development of the tooling to produce the liners. That said, it would be great to see more support for the E85/86!
E86 Z4M Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black
E92 M3 Coupe 6MT Interlagos Blue/Fox Red - Build Thread
Appreciate 0