View Single Post
      07-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #44
RossBMWZseries
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 328i LCI & '06 Z4MR

Garage List
Stopped by the shop again today Vanne. The guy asked me to give him more time as he found another issue with my aftermarket Umnitza headlights possibly draining power. He also said the fuse for my fog lights can be the culprit. I told him the Z4M doesn't have fog lights and that my umnitza headlights haven't given me any problems since I installed them about 3 years ago. He insisted that the NAVI unit needs replacement and that the cabin controller for my headlights (used to manually change out the color of the angel eyes) is the problem. Again, haven't had problems with the aftermarket lights but recently as of 2 months ago, I have noticed that when I pull up in back of a truck on the road, I see my reflection and angel eyes are green or red or any other color. I then have to grab my cabin controller, change the color but at times the color doesn't change. I'm thinking the remote is fried and is on its last days. He pulled out the relay for the "fog lights". I only use the OEM color as all other colors are hideous. He'll give me more details on Monday. $135 seems to be the final price I'll pay.
Appreciate 0