06-20-2017, 03:40 PM   #28
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBMWZseries View Post
I'll look into that but could that be draining my battery?

I'll look for this switch when I get home from work, my car didn't start this morning even after charging the battery at Autozone yesterday for 10 hours, leaving it unplugged all night and finally hooking it up this morning - no go!

Even if all lights coming from the headlights assembly are shut off?

No worries thanks for helping me figure this thing out. You're right, I got it back in November '16 after it sat under the sunlight for 1.2 years. I had to file a lawsuit and that's how I was able to get them to fix it; by getting a settlement and taking my car elsewhere to get it repaired. The reason I never took it back is 1) I can't as this case has been settled and 2) I will never step foot in that place again due to this horrible experience. The guy I'm taking it to now, is the same guy that local BMW dealers here take it to when they can't figure out the problem. This guy has the same diagnostics computer that the dealer has. You know, I hate even thinking of selling my car. At 98,xxx miles and in the condition it's in, I wouldn't get much to buy another one so I'm leaving this as my last option.
I completely agree and I would do the exact same things you are doing. Keep us posted - there are a lot of folks here who know these cars well and can provide advice, which I'm sure you know.

Good luck - my fingers are crossed that you get this all sorted very soon!
Appreciate 0