09-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #18
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel View Post
Maybe he just didn't care you had a similar car. A lot of guys just buy a car they like based on aesthetics or the cars' guts, and don't give much of any thought to its rarity.
I'd have to somewhat disagree with this comment. All guys care about what car they own, especially BMW owners. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have gone with a BMW. IT could have been a status thing or whatever. but either way, it doesn't matter. just would've been cool to get a wave or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
In Arizona, I would always see this one IB Z4MC... what a showoff, always with a new mod and stuff. In Michigan I can't recall seeing a single Z4MC, besides the few I've seen sitting on the dealer's lot. I have seen a handful of roadsters and it seems they'll wave... if I initiate it.

As for other drivers; caught up to this Mini on the way home from work yesterday... got closer and realized it was a John Cooper Works version. Paced the guy (probably mid/upper 40's) for a second to give him a wave and thumbsup, he wouldn't look over. We got to a light and were both the first cars in our lanes – he held back near my rear bumper, and when the light turned green took off with a fury of torque-steer and tire-squealing
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Yeah, I heard about that guy too.....

I haven't been to Arizona...

nah, j/k. I know who we're talking about