Thread: She's gone!
View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

You'll be missed, so don't be a total stranger!

I totally understand the reasons for the swap. And like it or hate it, the Prious has a boatload of room for stuff. It's amazing what you can stuff in one of those things. MPG around town is amazing. Even our Golf TDI can't match that (highway, it's close though), but city, around 32. At some point, when your kids are a bit older, you could always find an older Miata project car (cheap) to work on and share your car knowledge with them. Cheap, and a good way to build some great memories with the kids--plus you'd end up with a fun little weekend ragtop! You know rotors for an older Miata are about 15 bucks each? Yup. Really.

Gotta say that being on the Prius forums sounds like hell to me. I've driven a Prius a time or two, and the thing that bugged me the most was the braking distance required compared to the Z4 (in good part, a function of those damned ECO tires). You could really rile them up over there by slapping of wider Extreme Summer Performance tires on it! Course that would cost you a couple of MPG, but I'm sure a few heads would explode! Just think of the thread "Thinking of Wider Extreme Summer Performance Tires for the Prius Wagon". Then tell them you want better handling and stopping ability, want a bit of additional torque from the lower profile, and don't care about the MPG!

then watch the heads go

Appreciate 0