View Single Post
      12-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasZed4MC View Post
Ok I have a set of 18x9.5 et355 track wheels. TC Kline has suggested 255/35 and 275/35 tires setup. I know others of you have 265/35 square. Let me know your thoughts of good and bad both sets. ALSO is using a 10mm spacer on the rears a good idea to get the rear offset better? Help me out track experts!
So, just so I understand this, you have a square set-up of 18x9.5 et 35 wheels? And Tc Kline said to run a 255/35 and 275/35 rear tire set-up?

If so, I think there was a misunderstanding.

TC Kline has probably raced these cars more than anyone. That being said, everyone has opinions on car set-ups. TC prefers a soft suspension set-up.

There is no need, for tracking the car, to add a spacer in the rear unless you just want it to look good.

Regarding running a square set-up, I chose this set-up but I am not positive that it is the best set-up for the m coupe. Most BMW's race cars run a square set-up, but the m3 turner car ran a slightly narrower front by 5mm. I think it was due to the car having issue with power over-steer, but that is just a guess. That being said, it was nearly a square set-up. The z4m is much more balanced from the factory than other bmw's, so maybe a staggered set-up will work best.

I would personally search the nation for who is setting track records (nasa, scaa, BMWCCA) in the z4m and pick there brain a little. I think it would be the best place to find the truth.

Otherwise, just drive the car, make changes to the car set-up gradually. This will even happen as you get faster. The set-up that works now will probably not work as you get faster.
Appreciate 0