11-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
If all goes as planned, I'll finally be sitting on DAs with camber plates. I had plans of running around -3.5* up front...so hopefully they'll fit.

I am probably going to do a 9.5" wheel (don't know about any offsets yet). I know I can squeeze on a 9" wheel, but don't know if 9.5" would be better to get rid of tire squirm.

I'm running a 9" wheel know with 265s, so it's easily possible.
I'd see if there was a way to to go with the 9.5". That's going to add about 2/10" more tread width vs. the 9" wheel with that 265/35 tire. A tire mounted on the minimum side of recommended rim sizes isn't going to work as well as mounting the tire on the measured rim size (9.5" in this case).

My thinking these days is that for front wheels, it may be even better to have a .5" wider wheel than the tire's measured rim size. I think that helps manage tread squirm and tire movement, and realizes the full potential of the tire. (Although fitting a 10" wheel on the front isn't really feasible.) Rear doesn't see the same lateral forces, and measured rim size works there. Stock wheels and tires have a .5" wider than tire measured rim size on the front--I think there's a reason for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
WOW... I missed these.
Those are great setups. pics are great!!!
IDK which I like best
Thanks! Tough choice isn't it?

Last edited by Finnegan; 11-13-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0