Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
Awesome!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsbmw View Post
Looks awesome! so what wheels do you like better in person?
It's really hard to pick one over the other! I guess I'd say I prefer the EC-7, since it's the one I picked for my car! Can't go wrong with either. If you're after absolute lightness, the ARC-8s run a pound or so lighter. If you want room for a BBK, the EC-7s are probably the way to go--especially up front--as the spoke design leaves a lot more room. I just prefer the "look" of the EC-7 too, it's totally subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
Your photos sold me on the APEX EC-7s. They look amazingly good and are a hell of a bargain for what you get. Will probably pick up a set in March.
Cool! Yes, these are a great deal, and like I said the APEX guys are great to work with (I had questions, they had answers, very helpful).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loogey Clapp View Post
They look really nice. I like the black on Imola. ARC-8's are nice but I think I prefer the EC-7's though.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Welcome to the Apex club! I bought my black ARC-8's back when there was no ET22 offset for the rear wheels, so I'm looking at getting 12mm spacers.

The ride quality degradation could be a result of going to lighter wheels and the wheels following the road more closely.

Which do you prefer, the EC-7's or the ARC-8's? Both look good!
I think that spacer is going to improve the look a lot! I really like the ET22 fitment.

I can say I'm pretty certain the ride quality is a result of the tires, not the wheels. The ride with the 235/40 and 265/35 is actually better than when I had Star Specs in that same size on stock wheels.

Krissi's car has the better ride at the moment, but that's a function of the additional rubber that's closer to stock in diameter. IIRC, the rubber acts as a "spring" in terms of suspension, so I guess it's tuned more to the stock springs/dampers. Coils could probably help dial in the ride a bit. (I have a set of stock wheels with stock sized HTRZs, ride is better there too, again, diameter of rubber.)

I can't really pick one over the other than easily. I'm leaning towards the EC-7s though, I like the way the spokes flow out with some curvature. Since I picked those for my car, I guess I better like them more! Krissi wanted the ARC-8s. Price is the same for either at this point, so that's not a deciding factor. Krissi really likes the ARC-8s better--it's all about the look you're after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlady_z View Post
Black on Black on Black!
Yup. Going for the totally blacked out look, have more work to do on that!
Appreciate 0