View Single Post
      01-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #29
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
honestly, just call up whichever vendor or company and they'll answer all your questions, including the ones you've already posted here. me personally, i'd stay away from the afe just b/c i've read so many negative reviews, and functionally it makes sense as to why you'd lose hp.

in terms of the supersprint system, nothing is ever included with these guys. you have to order each part individually. also, supersprint designed their headers such that for a true plug-n-play fit, you have to also purchase the high flow cats, which is stupid in my opinion. sure, any competent shop can weld an adapter for you, but for $1600, you'd expect something that mates up to the oem piping. or to your point, why else list cats separately from the headers knowing you'd have to purchase both for a seamless fit?

for what it's worth though, like i said if money is no object by all means go for it. i'm sure there will be "some gains" but i do find it weird that supersprint will give advertise specific hp gains on some of their headers (with a dyno chart), but nothing for this one. so i'm sure there are gains, just a question of how much are you really getting...

Last edited by 3002 tii; 01-14-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0