View Single Post
      03-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Torque spec is 100Nm.
64Nm is a spec from an e46 with small engine (316 or so; m8 bolts).

Tis says not to reuse bolts+platelets, but I've reused mine maybe 4 times.
With a lot of things I find not reusing bolts a bit exaggerated. (like the bolts from the front aluminium support frame etc).
But that's my personal opinion.

However I always use the (tis) torque specs. With used bolts mostly with a (ceramic) antiseize (lightly).
For some support frames (for example the (hollow) rear aluminium support bars) I use 10% less torque with the anti seize.
Anti seize (and oil) have a slight effect that the torque friction is lower (about 10%), so it is easy to crush things.
I use the anti seize because most bolts are (passified) zinc plated. Using them a second time means that the threads can be partially zincless as tightening them the first time will cause fretting on the zinc.

Be sure not to damage the E head (inverse torx) on het bolts. You don't want to strip those...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-15-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0