07-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #66
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
I'm surprised you guys have no problems running 275s in the rear. I'm running 265 RS3s (almost same section width of a Star Spec) and I'm rubbing in the rear inner fender. Bad enough I needed 5mm spacers.

As well, I thought going 245/275 could actually lead to less performance of the tire on OEM wheel sizes, because it's almost too much tire. I'm pretty sure The Hack explained this.
Yes, he did. I think it was something like "put them on properly sized wheels and you'll be amazed at how much better they are".

I'll have to measure the section width vs. the 235/265 Star Specs. Visually, they don't appear much wider, because the Dunlops have a wide section width.

I might lose a second at the track with the less than optimal size for the wheel (I know where can find that, and more, on a few corners), but it's worth it given the DD driving comfort vs. the lower sidewall height.

Of course, if I put them on a nice set of Apex wheels that would be idea. Which is what I'll probably end up doing--I needed tires now and I only have the stockers to work with (the Apex sizes/colors I want are out of stock).
Appreciate 0