08-10-2016, 05:45 PM   #1
Cyclops
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E91 328i & 07 E86 M

Garage List
Rear tire wear - opinions needed

So need some advice on my tires/setup etc....

I had the rear tires off recently and noticed that the inside of both tires are really worn (camber), they look like are done! I find it really odd why they are worn so much because I put these on brand new about 6000-7000 (KM) ago (last July) and right after the install I had an alignment done. I don't drive the car hard, some spirited driving but nothing crazy. Last week I had another alignment done just to check again and the tech said that it was a tiny bit off but nothing crazy that should cause this much wear. I stopped by the place I got the tires installed last year and they said this is normal wear for a summer tire about and they would only last 10,000 KM. Is that right, 10,000KM is normal? I just find that really odd. BTW the tire is Ohtsu FP8000 which per the tire shop is the exact same tire as the Falken 452s I have in the front but re-branded as Ohtsu since Falken stopped making the 452 and started with the 453. For reference the rear Falken 452 I replace last year were worn roughly the same pattern but I got roughly 15,000 KM out of them. And just to note the fronts are still no where near the wear bars.

So before I go out and get another set of tires I would like to know;
  1. is 10,000 KM normal life for a summer tire?
  2. is there something wrong with my setup that would be an obvious indication of this wear?
  3. is the Falken and Ohtsu just a crappy tire?
  4. if I bought better tires would I have the same result?
  5. is it possible that the rim is too wide and I should go narrower?
  6. is it possible that the spacer is causing the excessive camber wear

Here's the setup:
Rears 19x10, et 38 +15mm spacer
Ohtsu F8000 275/30/19

Thanks in advance for the input!

Photo below is only of the rear right.

Name:  Z4M.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  525.7 KB
Attached Images

2007 #1432 ///M Coupe Silver Gray - KW V3 Coilovers - AFE Intake - Strong-Strut Brace - Status Grupee Headers - Super Sprint Race Exhaust & Xpipe - 19" Avant Garde M359 - Stoptech 380 6 pot BBK - EPIC Motorsports Tuning ////////////2009 328xi M-Tech E91 manual 6spd

- Instagram ->@e91kiter
Appreciate 0