View Single Post
      03-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
fighting_fish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.5i Z4 2004

@hawkeye: Yeah I was leaning towards getting the 2 piece 56" race ramps, but wanted to know if anyone that had them had an opinion either way.

Thanks for the info, I didn't get that the Inspection includes an oil change. So as long as I do it when it has 7.5k to go, I'll be doing it every 7.5k instead of the 15k that bmw recommends.

Thanks for finding wh3s page, tons of great info on that link

@hogzilla: Good info. I agree that I don't need to have the fanciest tools available, just some good ones that'll last a long time.

Also I'm with you on the duck tape! I had a buddy that always said: "Everything in the world can be fixed with duck tape or WD-40. If it moves, but shouldn't: apply duck tape, if it doesn't move and should, apply WD-40."

So for basic toolbox:
- Torx sockets.
- Metric hex sockets.
- 3/8" metric ratchet and wrench set.
- 3/8" extensions.
- Misc screwdrivers.

Anyone else have opinions of brands, tools, etc? Anything that you wish you had known before you started?

Had to do a little fix today. The little door above the cigarette lighter was not staying open. Was able to take it apart, pull it out and figure out that there was a pin missing in the mechanism. Went back to the car, was lucky enough to find the pin and tada, all is well
Appreciate 0