View Single Post
      11-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #13
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprint View Post
Isn't he putting these wheel on a MZ4 as indicated on the first post??

Which means he would have to either squeeze the OEM 255 on a 8 inch wheel or go down to a recommended 245 tire. If this is for cosmetics then why ask about handling.

If concerned about handling then reducing the contact patch to an 8inch wheel will have a significant effect on grip. If running a square setup on the MZ4 then I would recommend at least a 9 inch wheel on all 4 corners with larger tires on the front which is why most people go to a square setup.
my mistake, i forgot the fact that he was looking to put on the m6 wheels on a z4m.

i guess what he wants is a lower contact patch for the rear but the same look of a proper width/offset wheel on the rear. i assume the OP is thinking since there will be less rubber, it will reduce understeer rather than having a staggered setup which will look the same but will just have more rubber.

either way, i never really liked the idea of using spacers especially such large spacers so im going to have to agree with silversprint and say find another set of wheels with the width/offset youre looking for.
Appreciate 0