View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #11
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
With those close ups I'm believing you're right guessing it's a TR4. That seam at the top of the fender to me is telltale. I'm guessing the rear deck height difference is probably a luggage rack. Also agree the disc wheel looks to be Triumph. It even appears to have a Michelin Red Line tire mounted which has me wanting to even include the TR250 as a possibility (The disc wheel would have had a now missing Rostyle wheel cover).

Jay,

Well, now that we've (possibly) solved the TR4 mystery, I have to ask: Is the red Stingray part of your collection, too? And, if so, what is the other red car in the distance behind it??

I co-owned a 1967 Corvette 327-350 for about 10 years with a friend. It was fun to drive and made great noises, but it was also a non-power car, with heavy steering, brakes, clutch, and shifting. It took a lot of effort to drive!

Also, nice GT6! I went to a British Car Day recently to see a friend and his Lotus Europa. I met a fellow there with something like 17 Triumphs in his barn--about half of them Stags, along with several TR6's. I guess they can become an obsession!

Rick
Appreciate 0