View Single Post
      10-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #51
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

september coffee and rides was my first attendance there and lots of cars were still present at about 10am. i headed off at about 10.30am, and that was about when the f40 showed up. i believe a number of clubs meet up at coffee and rides before going on cruises together - the ferrari club for one, the camaro club, probably the viper and mustang clubs as well and the classics club. i'm just guessing here really, but a lot of the folks seem to know each other very well indeed.

imo, it'd be pushing it to try and make the 250 mile trip or so to san antonio solely for coffee and rides. i will definitely stay until whatever time it is all of us decide to meet in austin though, really have zero plans, or anything else to do for tt matter. my girlfriend's about 10,000 miles away on the other side of the globe - singapore - and so i'm most probably going to be all alone!

anyway, i met another m coupe owner this past weekend, michael, who lives in san marcos between san antonio and austin, and i'd asked him to tag along on october 30th. titanium silver on imola interior with carbon leather, beautiful combination indeed. the family-owned dealership he works part time at also has an alpine white on imola interior with walnut m coupe, but that might be a stretch to get out since the family will be working all of saturday. maybe we can meet up there - terry davison auto imports in west austin? it's right next to several parks on a beautiful lake, and is in a more scenic, relaxing locale as opposed to the hustle and bustle types like downtown austin and san antonio. we can meet up for a late lunch at this place, http://www.oasis-austin.com/, which was highly recommended?

edit: here's a youtube link to the september coffee and rides. u can see my mum, my m coupe and me (in the baby blue) right at the very end after the panning shot of the 328 gts!

Last edited by r4gs; 10-11-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0