E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
3 Evolve tunes. 3 running too rich. Looks like Evolve didn't get it right. Can't compare tuning an E46 to these cars in any way
I have been very curious about some of the results people have been posting here because I am very active in the E46 M3 community. Many M3Forum members have sent me their own dyno results from their E46 M3 Evolve Tunes and every single one has shown consistent positive results.

As you said, I am starting to believe that the tuning for the Z4M could be very well different compared to the E46 M3.

If anyone wants to educate me more on Z4M tuning, I am always open to learning more

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
It would be nice to see more data.
Is there anyone showing positive results ?

JM2C but if I had one of these tunes I'd be checking my a/f ratio based on what's been posted so far.
ajw45 sent me his DRF data. I am not sure what optimal AFRs are for the Z4M so I will reserve my comments until I learn more. For what it's worth above 5000RPM, he does gain between 10whp - 24whp depending on area of the power curve. What perplexes me the most was that both his stock runs and tuned runs have very different shapes in the power curve.

Is this shape normal at the top end? Looks very different from my countless dynos on my E46 M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyfrc View Post
EVERYONE who bought the Evolve tune should dyno test it.

The throttle mapping of the Evolve tune gives you the percepetion that it works. However, I find with most car forums people will give something postive reviews if it "Feels Good" or "Sounds Good" and never actually TEST IT.

We may never know.........
Proper dyno testing before and after the tune can definitely help sort out potential issues and concerns! I have endless amounts of dyno runs on my E46 M3, all on a DynoJet. Throughout the several years, I have realized that dynoing cars consistently and properly is much more difficult than just strapping it down and running it as many times as the operator allows.

Hopefully you get things situated with Evolve, regardless of the route you take. Goodluck!
Appreciate 0