gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMZ432
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
The limp mode in my opinion was and us 100% injector/tune related . After getting the correct injectors and a new tune from ESS , I have set PB laps with no limp mode in the middle of SC summer . I had a check valve from a diesel motor in place and a brand new brake booster line and the limp mode still occurred . My problem was undersized injectors the whole time , not temp or anything else. They sent me the wrong shit lol . The replacement injectors they sent me are 450 cc I believe which with our crazy high fuel pressure works . The tune is even more important though because you can't just throw a big injector in you have to tune the duty cycle of the injector . Any way with the updated 525 tune and "correct " 525 injectors my problem went away . And FYI if I scan my ECU a brake booster error code still shows up lol . My point is it's NOT the damn brake booster .!
Okay, thanks for the info. I'll ask ESS if they think they standard pump can handle 450cc injectors (from memory you have upgraded your fuel pump?), and if so I'll get the injectors and flash it and see how it goes. Though if I miss my June 21st event it will be awhile before I get a chance to test it. Fingers crossed!
What size injectors do you have now ? I had fuel starvation just not from my pump lol , it was the injectors . Basically I chased down every rabbit hole ESS sent me down with upgraded parts . Finally I methodically tested my fuel system and hen everything was good fuel pressure wise and the car was still running lean all that was left was the injector size and tune .
George
Appreciate 0