View Single Post
      12-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #38
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

I love the CSL wheel design and really considered getting them for my car. Ultimately the main thing that prevented me from going that route was the fact that the OEM CSL wheels are 19”. I think 19” looks too big on this car and ultimately ends up being impractical for too many reasons. Worse tire selection, more expensive tires, more weight, more susceptible to damage, harsher ride. An equally important consideration was offset. The rears on the CSLs are about perfect but the fronts at ET44 would look too sunken in with the camber settings (~-2.2) I have up front.

I ended up getting Forgestar F14s, and I’ve been happy with them. The Sportline reps weren’t available when I was shopping, but I would have really been tempted by them. However, the idea of obvious knock-offs is always a little crummy and while the front size (8.5 ET35) is exactly what I have, the rears (9.5 ET22) would probably not work with the tires I run. My offsets are 5mm less aggressive in the back and they still just barely rub under full compression.

Appreciate 0