View Single Post
      12-24-2023, 03:40 AM   #3
Novel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdriver86 View Post
What is the diameter and length of your front spring? I have JRZ RS PRO coilovers and can confirm that 18x10 +25 with 265 fits in the front with about -3.5 camber. I think 17x10 with a 255 will fit in the front if you don't mind more camber. 255 on a 10 will be better in terms of performance handling than a 275. I can also confirm this. I tried 275 on a 9.5 and then switched to a 265 on a 10.5 and the car was faster on the track. The tires load up better giving you more confidence to have faster cornering speed.
My front spring length is 170mm and diameter is 81.5mm.
However, after I've started this thread, and after doing some some research, I came to a conclusion that I actually need to start with the suspension upgrade before touching wheels/tires. ST X is a cheap street suspension, with soft springs (50 N/mm front), I'm not sure building anything on top of it makes sense...

It's nice though that there are options to moving to a wider tire, thanks for sharing that info. I'm curious though how did you managed to get -3.5 camber, is that just camber plates?

Looking at my camber plates, it doesn't look like I have too much space for camber increase.

youtube: track onboards
Appreciate 0