11-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
Over the 4 years I've owned the car, I've had to call a PDR guy 3x to take out a total of FIVE dents. 3 on the front quarter panels, 2 on the doors. The door was probably a result of someone else's door, quarter panel (according to PDR guy) is usually from leaning on the car. Can't recall when that happened, but how the heck does a BMW dent so easily? Anyone else have similar experiences?

Oh yea, I just saw a new 6th dent on the other quarter panel. And for what it's worth, I never notice these dents till months later. Never obvious huge dents, rather weird creases or small dents that only show up when the light never hits right, either see a dull spot or weird reflection.
Bodies on newer cars are terribly thin, even on my 2004 Dodge dually the sheetmetal flexes easily and my wifes 2012 Dodge Journy has a ding in the front of the hood from a small stone that would have just chipped the paint on any of the older cars we had.

The dent on my rear quarter that I just fixed was caused by none other than myself leaning on it with my hand a bit hard when messing with my tires and then kicking myself for doing it.

IIRC the hood is aluminum on the Z4 too and I'm really carefull around that thing.

Light colored cars like your silver hide a lot too. Dark colors show everything.

Appreciate 0