View Single Post
      11-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
gaeko
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Where do you see the value of a 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe being in 3 years?

I like the idea of purchasing cars that have already took the depreciation hit, driving it for a couple of years, and then selling private party with minimal loss (i'm VERY loose on this because I KNOW it's unpredictable with what the car value will be in the future)

I'm interested to see what your thoughts are on what the potential value for a 2007 (or really any) BMW Z4M Coupe will be in a couple of years.

To start with, after searching around I think a fair expectation would be paying $30k for an '07 with around 30k miles at a dealership and have the CPO warranty included. My first question is: private party or not, is it feasible to find an example significantly less if I waited and searched? I.e. have there been similar examples sold for around $25k?

Next, i'm interested to hear your personal theory on what the value of these cars will be in a couple of years. I only drive 5k miles a year and this would truly be a weekend car since I travel during the work week. This is pretty tough since it was a short run and these cars are relatively unknown to begin with.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts!
Appreciate 0