View Single Post
      05-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #30
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
LOL...I leave tools out justifying I'll need to use them soon enough...either way I like this color better than black

If I were you I'd leave them alone for a while and if it continues to bug you or not grow on you change the color

Also, what are the wheel specs and tires/size?
That's good reasoning, maybe I should try it; although, I would loose sleep if I new my tool were not put away

Good call on waiting. They may grow on me and I can alway change the color.

DISCLAIMER: I don't recomend these sizes as fitting them requires some fender modification and camber/caster adjustments.

18x9.5 et22 245/40-18 front
18x10.5 et20 275/35-18 rear

The front tire is a little tall. I will be replacing them with 255/35-18
The wheel widths are also the max these tires can handle per Nitto specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmark8 View Post
are these 9.5 et22 all around? looking extremely nice! gotta sticker up these bad boys!
Thank you!
Waiting on the Volk decal install until I decide to keep them, refinish them, or sell them. See above for specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereef_Osman View Post
Funny thing is that the wheels don't have a polished lip, it just looks like they do, it's all to do with the lighting. Very strange.
I know, it's annoying.
I feel your pain now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
I think the shiny lip makes them look even smaller than 18's.
I can see that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Murder View Post
i think these wheels look great on your car. but i do agree about the flat black. i just cant see your car with any other color wheels. especially with the black out grills, tints, lip, and spoiler.
Thanks, I agree. If I did not have everything else black, the color would not bother me as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove View Post
Love the profile of the wheels better, and 18" Tire selection will be better, but agree they need to be all Matte black. All Matte black hides the the fact they're not 19s" IMO and gives it a more "race look". I say take these and get them done matte black.

As far as Powdercoating, Check with Mackin Industries (US Volk Importer). I knew they offered custom colors on Volk Wheels that were done locally in California. They can likely point you in the right direction of the proper process for PC these.

2 Other suggestions, peel the APR stickers off the wing, and add a shorty antennae to this beast!
Wow, thank you for the tip. I will be contacting Mackin Industries

The APR logos on my wing are painted and they drive me nuts. I plan to remove the paint and then re-clear. As for the antennae, I think I am the only person in the world that likes the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
Say what?! I'd have to see these in person! Definitely looks like a mirrored finish, especially in the first photo. But I can see how lighting can change the color. I have hyper black wheels so I can appreciate the color difference.
Yeah, it's lame. In certain lighting they look like one solid color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy View Post
I was thinking about getting wheels with the same or similar fitment. What size tires are you running and what are your camber settings? Do you experience any rubbing in the front?

I'm running -2 degrees all around and my wheels with spacers on are 19x8.5 et23 and 19x9.5 et12 with 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 T1R's. So far I barely clear my fenders. When fully compressed the fronts rub on the wheel well liner a bit and I only have about 1mm of clearance in the rear with shaved fenders.
Tire specs are above with my disclaimer about running these sizes. You really have to do some work to get everything to fit. My camber is Front -3.2 and rear -2.0. Caster is also very important.

I havn't taken the car out of the garage with this set-up yet, so I can't confirm if there is any rubbing or not. At this point it looks like it's going to work out