03-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #1796
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I had joined Z4-forum.com, very good, but I didn't realize it is mostly European owners, so I'm hoping I can find more USA owners here and associated topics.

Mid December I bought a used 2007 3.0i automatic, powered top, jet black Z4 with 65k miles in very good condition, to replace my wife's 2005 MX-5 Miata. She has a shoulder injury which makes it very hard to raise and lower the top, also we took a 2 week trip in her car in October and it just about killed us. Miatas are great car and a blast to drive, but they are not good touring cars for long distance, very uncomfortable and noisy on long trips. So, we are in the process of selling her car and we now have the Z4 and my 2001 Miata SE 6-speed British Racing Green with Nardi wood interior. So I can still have fun modding and driving mine and she is happy, and we can now take scenic trips in style while still enjoying going topless and having fun on the roads!

The first thing I did, was to have it checked out, oil change, new wipers, etc.
The front windshield had a big ding and road rash and the welting was almost completely gone. I'm sort of amazed at the bad quality of the Z4 rubber molding and plastics. So, I had them replace and was able to salvage the wiper cowling by cutting the cracking edging off and then sanding it down and re coating with preservatives.

Here's a couple of photos:

Last week I added a WindRestrictor. I'm still evaluating its effectiveness, but I like the look of it and the price was right, especially with the Christmas -15% sale they had going and the satisfaction guarantee. Also, moved the wife's personal plate over to the Z4

Apparently "Jet Black" is not well known, I think it looks great

I have a Jet Black 2006 3.0i automatic. Black is hard to keep clean as it shows everything, but it is beautiful, and is certainly one of the best looking when clean and shiny.

Congrats on the car.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0