Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varinn View Post
Bumping this sticky from the dead.

Installed RE trans mounts with enforcer cups this morning (on the ground, how unpleasant...). Shifting on a short test drive feels better, some noticeable increase in noise and vibration under light loads in the 3,000-3,500rpm range. Overall I'm happy with it. I'll see if it stays positive over the next couple weeks when I can drive the car in dry conditions. Call me crazy but it even seems like it helped to slightly reduce driveline sloppiness, like the powertrain isn't wobbling around as much when going on/off throttle.

I probably would have been as happy without the cups on the RE mounts as you can tell just by feeling them that they're significantly more solid than the oem setup. If I end up being unhappy about the cups I guess I can always pull them back out and plunk them in the e30.

I'm probably going to try the VibraTechnics motor mounts in the spring, once I'm done rebuilding the e30 motor, see how I feel about the combination. I see most people are commenting that the VT and RE combo actually has less vibrations than oem and RE combo?
A long time since this thread was bounced.

Seems the issue is one of both engine movement and transmission moving the drivetrain around. Addressing that on both ends seems to stabilize and reduce the overall vibration issue.
Appreciate 0