fullerra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
test test  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4MC  [0.00]
Okay guys

I picked the car up Monday as promised. There was a minor hiccup as the initial AFRs were reading too high (running too lean) on the initial run, so they backed off and did not do a full WOT test... A couple hrs later with a phone call, an updated file from the UK (aren't the inter-webs great) was e-mailed and uploaded.

Before I give the result, I will reiterate this dyno is a heart breaker. The guys at Turner told me my car will NOT break 300whp on a mustang, they've only seen 1 or 2 do it in the past, and that was with a fully built motor running increased displacement.

As a reference one of their previous projects a modified S65 was only able to muster 334whp on this dyno http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14249178

Additionally, A fresh S54 stock from a 2007 file on this dyno achieved 247whp and 207ft-lbs on this

(through some backwards quasi-math that equates to about a 25% drive line loss on both)

Needless to say, I wasn't hopeful.
That is until I saw the sheet

305whp with 225 ft - lbs torque peak around 7800rpm. They did not run it to fuel cut-off which was re-configured to around 8100rpm. Unfortunately, they did not get a run prior to the cams, airbox and software (was already running ess)

Initial impressions are that this is LOUD. Granted, I knew this was going to be the case with airbox, headers, DKF and RPI... but this is on another level!

This morning was the first time I got to take it out and open it up a bit, as its been raining the past couple of days.

The idle is nice and lumpy with the cams... lets you know that terror awaits your right foot. Trolling around town under 3000rpm is loud enough to turn some heads and evoke a chirp from nearby car alarms. My initial thoughts about highway merges, and 3rd gear acceleration was that it was certainly loud enough to erase any childhood memories you previously had, but gains in acceleration were not that noticeable... was a bit disappointed until I looked down and saw that DSC was lighting up like an X-mas tree! (granted these tires suck, and were temporarily put on to pass inspection) Turn this bad-boy off, wait until some clearing in traffic and Woosh! All hell breaks loose when the right foot finds the floor. I now feel comfortable saying this beast is fast, as opposed to "quick". with the combination of induction and exhaust note, this thing screams. Previously, on track I have felt the motor loose some zest
after 7000rpm, inviting me for a short-shift, no more, it just gets faster and faster! (in an attempt to save this goodness we wont be shifting at redline too often)

In a word... Geezus...
Would I have gotten more power with FI, yeah, probably, but having a NA motor make 125 hp/L for me is worth it, especially in the Paddock with all the P-guys wondering what just happened
Appreciate 0