03-31-2014, 09:38 PM   #13
fullerra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
test test  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4MC  [0.00]
Why was I so hellbent on the APs...obstinance would probably be the more accurate reason! I originally wanted to get something that first of all is functional, then durable and lastly a bit unique. AP, StopTech, and Brembo all make excellent products. Price is somewhat similar across the three, although a Brembo kit may be a bit more expensive, and I'm not entirely certain that they have a correctly biased kit (F to R) for the Z4. I can't say that I've been able to compare all three at the limit on track, but my guess is that any perceivable difference likely has more to do with the rotor, its ability to absorb and transfer heat, and your specific pad choice rather than the specific caliper (all are superior to single piston OE).

It's probably more a personal choice more than anything.

As for the cams/airbox.... target date is next week, or so I'm told by the guys at VAC.

Supposedly they are installing everything, uploading the "custom" tune from evolve that takes into account the prior engine mods ((Fabspeed headers, DKF section 1, RPI cans) yes my ears will be bleeding) then running it on the dyno and sending the info back to Evolve for fine tuning. Just as a word of caution though... they run a Mustang Dyno, that tends to read on the lower side for mustangs. For example, one of the guys told me a S65 motor stock will run about 310-320 whp whereas a stock S54 will run about 250whp.

Only time will tell!
Appreciate 0