05-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
boondocksaint
Penfold, shush!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
What gauges are those? Inquiring mind with little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
^the only thing that keeps me from going the ashtray route is having the gauges low & out of the line of vision.
...they do look good though.
That's my thought as well. I sat in the car when I began considering this modification, and in my seating position, with my vision, the more visible location is the sunglasses holder.

I know it hasn't been done and is likely to be a pain in the ass to wire, but it makes more sense to me location wise. I've seen a lot of very nice gauge setups in the tray. No qualms with them, I'm jut not as happy with that location.

Vent pods...I rather like the interior to look stock at a glance. The steering column top "Mickey Mouse" pods...I've seen a number of them. They all look rather cheap and never quite fit right. At least, in my experience. Don't like the look of them. Not stealth enough. The ashtray pods look stock, which I like.

And before you guys kill me with "and the sunglasses holder looks stock?" It's not something people will notice at a glance, and it could look pretty stock if done correctly.

Any suggestions for gauge makers? I mentioned what I was thinking. Would like to know what O-Cha's are...
Appreciate 0