View Single Post
      09-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #10
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
I guess it's all relative. I personally think an aux cable by itself sounds terrible. Spend the $9 and connect an external DAC, it makes a huge difference. If you appreciate the improved audio quality with a DAC, this mod makes more sense since you don't have to worry about extra wires or hardware in the way. I guess it's similar to anyone who hard wires their radar, less clutter.

And in general it's just a small way to bring this 7 year old car closer to the standard features sound on any car nowadays. When I used this in my X3, it would allow any passenger to load up their music without having to pass the phone forward or run a longer wire. And I don't want to have to deal with pairing someone's phone every time via BT (plus added benefit of wifi offering better quality over BT).

As to why I didn't tap the cig lighter, I don't daily the car so didn't want anything constantly powered.
Unless, that is, they have an android phone... I looked this up to see if it would work for my LG. It won't. iPhone only.
Appreciate 0