View Single Post
      03-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #9
DaveJB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Yeppers, I read a bit of that thread yesterday (on DIY) and yours too about the midbass problem. Hopefully I'm one of the lucky people that don't have any issues but thanks to you guys I'll be able to solve it.

My main concern at this point is getting the DSP, my amp and the powered sub box to all fit back there on an amp rack like Bill made. But that kind of thing can always be resolved so I'm not too worried.

Judging by how long it takes to get to my other projects I may not even get started until after it cools back down here in Phoenix in October.

I think I'm all squared away about this stuff so unless you really think we need to talk on the phone we're good. Thanks for the offer.

Oh, and I still have yet to decide where I'll get the input from - that may be a decision that waits until the install. Using it from the front end side definitely has the downside of being forced to use the volume control on the MS-8 (I assume it has one?). That alone may make me choose the speaker level side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
If you're going to go ahead with the MS-8, you may want to (gulp) read through the 400+ page thread on it at diymobileaudio.com if you haven't already. I had my MS-8 system installed for almost a year and could not get happy with the level of mid-bass. This is a characteristic of some MS-8 implementations and I ended up changing to a "Kaigoss" setup (which removes the subs from the MS-8 equation). This thread get's into the mid-bass issue: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...394375&page=26
Appreciate 0