View Single Post
      11-24-2016, 10:54 PM   #41
Bimmer_Addict
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMCoupe View Post
I pickup my Stromung exhaust in group buy. It was IIRC $850 for both cans. I can't even buy one Powerloop for that price.
I got mine custom made from Stromung (didn't want their logo on the tips). Cost was $915 shipped. They are a small company and the customer service was impeccable, and the craftsmanship of their cans are superb. I couldn't be happier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeD4Mr View Post
55% more than stock. It's there. You feel it and hear it. Lower tone through out the rpm than the SS Powerloop but higher pitch at idle. If I'm splitting hair, this sound a bit unrefined, more crackles and tiny higher pitch than the Powerloop at idle and around town. The weight savings, however, it's not something to be sneezed at. Standing at 13.8 lbs per side. 10% drone when at the wrong rpm. 73mm tips.
Couldn't agree more. Personally I love the occasional decel cracks and pops as that is the BMW Performance Exhaust sound I was looking for (OEM mfg for e9X for instance). Slight vibration and drone in the lower RPM range, but nothing bad at all. This is the first time I have ever had a car with exhaust, and it only took me one day to get used to the minimal drone (highway speed in top gear with medium throttle). I commute 50 miles highway daily and it is no issue. I am glad I didn't go for the Remus. You also have to consider the whole system, flange included, is stainless steel.
Appreciate 0