View Single Post
      01-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #22
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
i dunno i just had a good look at mine? the OFH is a properly solid piece of metal, im guessing yours may have been a bad casting from the factory, ive never seen a failure like this on an s54..... it sucks your one of the unlucky ones.... i know moneys tight as well right now so im feeling for you, it looks like the s/c and main hardware will need to be removed to do this job :-( what a freaking nightmare!!!

good luck tom, if i can in anyway help with this let me know, i can source this piece pretty easily used, personally id buy a new one.
I believe the long bolt on my hydraulic tensioner got loosened, it is NOT an OEM piece, which was probably the cause. I don't know who the f*(&ck put a cheap ass bolt in there. Since it loosened, the vibration from the supercharger and the rest of the belt put too much strain on it, and it cracked off, crashing into my waterpump pulley.

22022 and shipkiller, thank you very much with your help in hunting this down. VAC motorsports in Philly will probably hook me up with a good used one. Just a freak accident with this, that had a snowball effect.

Yes, the supercharger will have to come out to service this... There goes my mod money