Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsz4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2skiddy View Post
Hi, What a great project, I wanted to do one years back, but knew there was a lot of fabricating to do to get the body to sit correctly with suspension etc. Fantastic looking car always, the GTR. As for suspension, have you thought of Intrax, would a set from an E46 M3 maybe fit, although the front arms and hubs would need to be swapped over. Not sure if Studie in Japan went that route, maybe worth asking? How did you find the quality of the bodykit, as I know of someone over here in the UK after one?
Cheers
Hi unless your prepared to modify everything I wouldn't recommend using the gtr kit from flossmann, Don't expect it to be OEM quality as far as aftermarket kits go the quality is really good fitment is fairly good but there is a lot of fabrication to mount the front bar also a heap of finishing to bring it up to a paintable standard. the main issue is the wheel gap this kit is designed for monocock or tube frames where the car is 60mm off the deck its just not possible to get it low enough with the standard suspension without stuffing the roll centre.

If you like the kit but want to keep you suspension usable I recommend
http://www.carbon-goeke.de
Kit has extra material in the wheel arch and the quality of his work looks better than flossmann from the photos he sent me, also his kit bolts up to your standard mounting points. The guy from goeke can't recall his name was really helpful answered all emails no problem I'll defiantly use him after I plough this into a wall.

As far as the suspension goes Cusco were full of shit those guys couldn't organise their underwear draw. I now have ohlins in the UK building me a set of 3 way adjustable mcphersons
The guy at Goeke Carbon is Jens. He is good people and knows his stuff!
Appreciate 0