View Single Post
      06-27-2015, 08:21 AM   #23
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

OP, about a year ago I had the exact same issue with my E90. I decided to flush the clutch fluid and lost all pressure in the pedal and couldn't get it back. I've bled many clutches in my time on this Earth and this was the first that gave me a problem. I have a fluid extractor, and that didn't work. Brought my Wife out to the garage (she's my former brake bleeder assistant) and nada. So I went the Motive route too. Luckily there is a race shop near my office that stocks Motive's products, so I was back on the road the next day.

All I can say I've seen the light. After 30 years or so of bleeding brakes with a helper, using a power bleeder is just a better method, no ifs ands or buts. To anyone reading this post, get a power bleeder, it's one of the best tools you can get. My Wife has lost her job however and is asking for severance pay (I think really she just misses the lift rides...).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0