01-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #45
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooyorQ View Post
In a perfect world, or with a power glide tranny that could be acomplished... but with our ZF/Getrag trannys the only thing we can really do is adjust our final drive.. we could likely take a 2.9x final drive from something like an E46 (non-M) and maybe get 5-7mph more out of 1st.. but still with 650rwhp first, with any ratio.. will be pretty worthless.
Final drive was what I was addressing. Our close ratio 6-speeds are an excellent street OEM start. I've never found anything very drivable beyond that of a 4:11.......they all are super-fast 1-3 with turbo cars. -( street)-(not track).

Throttle modulation is huge on traction I've found with almost any power-plant after 300 RWHP and light weight chassis. Exponential of course, above that.

Man I wish I could get some strength advise from BMW engineers that know about the alloy S.I block and sleeves. I would begin a system for my coupe. There just does not seem to be any real facts that I've found yet.

Are you planning on adding flares and wide wheels to this car ? I have a Datsun 240-Z that's receiving a RB26DETT from a Skyline R34 cammed by HKS right at your same HP goals. I'll be flaring to hold the 13" wide rears with sticky meats.
Appreciate 0