08-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
High Pressure cooling line for the Power Steering. It will start weeping before it fails, somewhat common.
Worth noting, they did find that mine was leaking. Happily, they are replacing it under CPO / extended maint. warranty.

So much misinformation from them, though. My SA (new to me, but one of the more experienced ones with supposedly a lot of knowledge about rarer cars like the Z8) insisted that the tranny and diff drain plugs were not one-time use, but I told him I knew that they were and had marked mine to ensure they are replaced. At least they did look it up and confirm they are one-time use. Similar things like telling me the keys "don't have a battery in them, and are recharged by the ignition" -- yes, they are recharged, but obviously there has to be a battery to recharge (and mine are pretty toast).

I was going to have them pull the oil pan off to tighten and loc-tite the oil pump nut just in case it was loosened by my spin on the track in gear, but they quoted 5.7 hours of labor ($1281 total), and so I'm currently planning on risking it. The car did drive another entire day on the track and has seen redline plenty of times without failure yet.

One of the more frustrating things is that I'll probably have to swap my old brake pads back (from before the track event, which had too little left to do the event) in order to get them to do the swap--even though the front rotors are below spec, and my measurement of the rear rotors suggests they are as well (they claim they are still above). Oh well, another loaner car to beat on for next time! (got a nice 335i hardtop convertible with M Sport package this time--the steering wheel is /almost/ as nice as the Z4M's!)

I did do the 12-pack sampler gifting with a $50 bill inside . They have one of the shop foremans assigned to the work, which is really nice.

Last edited by iPhoneEngineer; 08-02-2012 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0