08-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #51
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
It does cool the brakes because every time you turn the wheel (which happens often on the track), air goes directly to the brakes. The added piece could serve for another purpose. When you track the car, I did realize less fading through a 25 to 30 minute session with the obstruction removed.

Also I have heard that cars outside of North America don't have this added obstruction.
i agree that the plastic pieces look riveted on and probably aren't designed to be there. the front brake ducts are definitely to help with the cooling of the brakes. am hypothesizing if air is being forced downwards by the forward rotation of the front wheels, hence moving at increased speeds and thus being at a lower pressure. this would mean increased downforce = traction by the higher pressure air that sits above the brake duct outlets in the front wheel wells.

i'll have them properly removed in a couple of weekends since they really look tacked on when peering through the front brake ducts. not to mention it'll be beneficial for the brakes.
Appreciate 0