View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #27
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

[QUOTE=Gigglebox;13710459]What they did with the new Boxster S / Cayman is VERY impressive. We added a 2013 Boxter S to the family a few months ago and it is an absolute monster.

We've been doing a lot of side by side perception testing between it and my 2013 Z4 35is and they are both extremely fun in different ways. The Boxter (and by extension the Cayman) look and feel WAY fancier, but they aren't giving anything up in terms of performance. Probably the best performing cars you can get below $170k (haven't driven the 2013 911 s, so it "could" be a contender).

At the end of the day, the price dif is just so much. And Porsche doesn't really do anything in terms of deals. The options that you will convince yourself to get can crank up the price quick.

Almost every day, the boxster catches my I and it looks like a super car. There are practically none of them on the streets yet and certainly fewer Cayman.

Fun to $ ratio, I would get the 35is and upgrade the shit out of it.[/Q

Appreciate the real world perspective on the 981 vs. the E89. I am in Canada so the MSRP on the is is actually higher than the cayman S. I am contemplating getting a very bare bones S so it will actually be cheaper than the IS.
Appreciate 0