View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #23
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
You want more enjoyment? Slap the new ESS VT2-525 unit on, then go on a month-long holiday & invest a further $20k in your fav stock. You'll still be way under the PP of your new P-car. But you may miss the 'badge' by the sounds of it
First off, its Mcoupes like yours that make me lament leaving the shape beind, yours is a beautiful example.

When you break it down that way, I might as well be driving a yaris, if you want to get into a utilitarian analysis about sources of pleasure other than automotive. Driving expensive cars doesn't make sense, but cars are a passion for me. After driving the boxster S I just couldn't deny that all the fun I have in my coupe would be significantly exceeded by driving a cayman S. I''ll lose the exculsivity and intangible connection I have to the coupe but I stand to gain a set of soul stirring, grin inducing experiences. Whether its the right trade off is what I struggle with. I wish there was a car that did both for me (and if the vantage drove like the boxster did, it would be that car).

I could care less about badges, not sure what gave you that impression, perhaps I should have said "rarity" instead of exclusivity. As an example, I chose a 350Z over a S52 M coupe back in the day because I MISTAKENLY thought it would offer a better driving experience.
Appreciate 0