08-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #15
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
I would:

1. Check your MAF wiring harness to make sure there are no shorts or exposed wires. Focus on where the MAF harness was extended for the VF kit.

2. Try a different MAF sensor. I can send you mine for testing purposes, as I don't plan to drive the car in the next few weeks. As you know, MAF sensors are expensive and vendors won't let you return them if they have been installed.

If it works fine with a different MAF, you know the MAF is bad. At that point I'd look at what caused two sensors to go bad in as many years (probably the harness).

Have you oiled the filter or cleaned the MAF recently?

Josh thanks for the help on this.Hopefully others will have use for this discussion in the future.

MAF wiring was traced and confirmed good in the winter time, all joints were soldered and individually shrink sleeved then wrapped into a bundle. Resistor was left inline as instructed by VF

The MAF being good could still be in question.
I did find a small boost leak at the TB so I went through all the clamps and snugged them down.
I went ahead and made a short vid using the data logger. Does anyone have any input to the values shown in the real time table.

W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0