View Single Post
      09-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #58
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Hey all...

for some reason (two years later) I guess I'm still subscribed to this thread... haha.

For those of you who want to try this, I couldn't get the components to fit under the car. I had a 2003 2.5i so maybe that was the issue, but when I was looking under the car at the muffler shop it didn't look like there was enough space, so I abandoned the project.

As a matter of fact, I still have them in my garage, so if anyone is interested in them (muffler + two tips) I'll sell them to you cheap.

I ended up getting the Stebro axel-back exhaust and I loved the way it sounded. In a Z4 you are essentially sitting on the muffler, so it's about as loud as you'd think it'd be. That coupled with the soft top it can get pretty loud. If you want to be noticed, it is definitely going to get you there.

However, if you are looking for a system that you can cruise long distances with, it might not be what you want.

I can only imagine that the muffler delete (from the original post) would be louder since you are removing the muffler + the resonator, whereas the stebro you are just replacing the rear muffler.

It's a personal choice how loud you want it.

Here are a couple videos of the Stebro (no my car).

Appreciate 0