View Single Post
      08-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #977
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
The whole reason you're increasing the crank pulley diameter is to spin the supercharger faster, correct? It would spin your accessories faster too.
Not necessarily I think?
How is the ESS VT2 system driven?
The aircon pully uses a different belt (and part of the pulley) than the belt that drives the waterpump and alternator. With most systems that's the belt that is also used to drive a supercharger.

The crankpulley has 2 seperate diameters, so obviously you have to change both diameters to change both belt speeds.....
The alternator, waterpump and steeringpump are I think much less sensitive to max rpm as they are very simple mechanically speaking compared to an aircon compressor.
So first you have to get the specs for the new crank pulley if you think of changing it.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0