View Single Post
      02-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Sheesh. My dealer has limited loaners too, and if they're out they just send you to Enterprise (which isn't great, but at least you get a car if you need transportation).

Still, I'd call them, and see what they can do. It's not like this is a "regular service visit" where you can wait a week and work around loaner availability. Tell them you're worried about getting stuck and stranded and that car is stalling, running rough, and so on. Ask them to help. Be very nice, but insistent. Worst case you end up in on Thurs; best case they find a way to help you. It never hurts to ask! Nothing is ever set in stone (hey, you got them to move on the loaner for a one time exception already), and "policies" can be changed with thoughtful negotiation in some cases. Any, it never hurts to ask.

<Begin_Rant> Like I said before, the shortsightedness of these bozos never ceases to amaze me. Don't they know the service experience for all their customers impacts future sales? If they don't treat people well ("only loaners for people who bought here") that drives away future sales. People move from place to place and most people do not live in the same place for years on end.... </End_Rant>

Last edited by Finnegan; 02-04-2011 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0