View Single Post
      07-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Z4MHawk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Roadster

RPI Modification

Ok, even after reviewing that great summary for the after market exhaust modifications I decided to go for that tunnel reverberating, tooth aching, car alarm setting, and hyper droning RPI. No complaints on what I suspected was going to be an authenic track sounding exhaust, even after the initial 500 mile break in and one excesive noise warning citation(story for another thread w/ pictures).

However, I had a couple of thoughts that perhaps many of you have already considered. Could I modify this flow-thru exhaust system to deliver "slightly" lower db's?

I had always thought the small, second tail pipe was a filler for the OEM cut-out, but never really looked at it before installation. Since there is no carbon build-up on it, this is either true or its flow must be restricted. There is a mesh patch inside it as it splits off the larger diameter exhaust pipe

Has anyone removed this mesh patch to allow the smaller pipe to receive more air, or any air?

Thanks!

Last edited by Z4MHawk; 07-28-2012 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: further research
Appreciate 0