09-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #24
PrinceMiro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtMc View Post
OP- car is looking great, they did a fantastic job it seems from the pic.

Schmoupe - you know i'm in as long as I am free that day - looks like Oct 5th is the next sat I am free. As of today my car is still at N.E.M. right now anyway getting the VT mounts installed and other items ready for HPDE.

Could also do later in october too, this could give us time to conjure up a good place to go.

3002's comments on the nest are exactly what has turned me off to the bear mountain area in the peak of the fall. just way too crowded and too many motorcycles and road bikes.

the way I see it we have a few options:
1) shore area (speaks for itself, might be tough to get close to water)
2) central NJ area - either nature or industrial
3) Gold Coast corridor - Hoboken up to the palisades, gives us city and water shots
4) The park under the GWB. the parking lot and rec area right off Henry Hudson Drive yields awesome backdrops of the GWB and the water and city all at once.
5) Hudson Valley area - speaks for itself, gives us a nice drive too
6) Reservoir area (NNJ/NY Border) - nature and some fun driving here.
7) Delaware Water Gap - same as #6 above.

looks like we have atleast 5 of us here so far, and Tony and/or Franki would be great additions if they are around. PLus - i'm sure they'de be happy to show us a few pointers on how to work a camera if anyone was interested.
Thanks gt! I'm in for the 5th if it's good for all of us. I vote for any of numbers 3-7 in your list. They all sound good. Not sure who Tony and Franki are, but the more the merrier and it'd definitely be great if they could give us a few pointers on how to use an SLR better.
Appreciate 0