02-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #18
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Hmm, not surprised. Buyer beware. if this is real, no stories, it would be quite the steal.
When I was looking for an E46 for my son, I found one for $1500. The woman claimed to be in the military and was in special training, but could arrange for the car to be delivered. I suspected it was a scam and searched the email, and sure enough, it came up on scam notices. I played along to see how it would work. They said they worked with eBay/Paypal and eBay would act like an escrow service. They then asked me to buy three $500 eBay gift cards, and that I might have to go to three different stores, since some allow a max of $500 per day for gift cards.

I asked them to contact me and gave them the address and phone number to the local sheriff's department.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 4
KevinM2935.50
StickMon636.00
Finnegan707.00
ried793.00