View Single Post
      07-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Good post Cobra. I'll second your observations on seats and brakes. I prefer a higher harder pedal as well (like the 06 STi), but like others have said the brakes themselves aren't bad, it's just not confidence inspiring or optimal.

I'm no where near your level of experience (or that of most of you track guys here), but as I've gone from total noob to being able to turn a decent lap or two the seats are really becoming an issue. Even with the CG lock (and grippy drawer liner) I'm having to hold on using the wheel and the dead pedal to keep my *** in the seat. The CG lock helps (on braking in particular) and is better than nothing, but it still leaves a lot to be desired as the lateral support is insufficient.

This really messes with me on turns 11, 13, 14, and to a lesser degree the transistion of 3-4 and 5a (3 and 5a are off camber, which just makes matters worse) at Thunderhill. There are other corners where it's an issue too, but not as much. I find it's no coincidence that those are the corners I find the most difficulty with in terms of consistency. There's just no feel for the car when you're holding on like you're rock-climbing or trying to pull 400 off the floor. I think it's going to end up being a limiting factor in improvement at some point as feeling the balance of the car is so important.

Lon, I'm curious to see what you end up doing. I'd like to address this but not at the expense of making it a "track only" car with a cage and etc.
Appreciate 0