View Single Post
      07-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #22
Calichase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 s/c'd Z4MC '08 e82 '02 m3

I have Done a lot of little things to the car recently. I Painted the reflectors and they came out fantastic. I certainly thank the great DIY on here showing how to properly paint them.

I Adjusted coilover settings for the appropriate ride for my local streets and roadways.

I Installed a set of rpi mufflers! I absolutely love the sound. Certainly a lot louder then stock, but not unbearable. Definitely adds a lot to the car, especially visually.

I got my m stache on, and wrapped in cf vinyl for now. I wanted to do real cf work but realized I would certainly scrape it up and ruin all the work I would out in to it. The vinyl looks great, and blends in nicely, it's not a glossy finish, so it doesn't catch too much attention. I think a true cf m stache would draw a lot of attention to that area of the car. I would rather have eyes drawn to the car as a hole instead.

I got my front tow hook mount, which I'm not a particular fan of since I prefer symmetry.

And lastly my personalized "save the bay" md plates. Although i have seen many "rated m" vanity plates, the message still spoke to me. This car represents a milestone in my automotive passion. Finally having the oppurtunity to step up to the high performance division of BMW. I dreamed of having an ///M for numerous year. The wait was worth it! This tag wraps up many of my feelings for the car. I am finally "r8ted m" and can join the ///M community with my new m coupe. The "my other car races in imsa gtp" was a frame my father had on his car when he raced his can-am car at willow springs and Laguna seca back in the late 80s. Kind of a heritage thing now. Hopefully someday my other car will be in an imsa class.

The first 2 months have been absolute bliss. Although I must say the hardest part is not being able to drive the car. I've put a limit on myself to only driving the car on the weekends I find myself sitting in my garage late at night waxing and detailing it, or just sitting down and admiring it. The hardwork and dedication that I put in to receive such an amazing piece of mechanical art, as well as the work done by the designers and engineers when building it.

I have had a couple photoshoot already, and have a few more planned coming up.

Here's a few with my e46. (Which needs to go)

Gotta love the dogs reaction

And my personal favorite

I also had the opportunity to meet Nate at a local cars and coffee. There was even another interlagos coupe there. We will try to get together soon and have 3 interlagos at once! Sorry in advance for a few bad cell phone shots.

Some other shots from local cars and coffee.

The f40 was truly amazing to see.

And another m coupe!

My dream garage. 997 gt3, z4///M coupe and noble m12.

And another photoshoot.
Check out all of them here
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/justin...7645789193031/

And my personal favorite.

You can't walk away without looking back in admiration.

That's it for now!
I just want to enjoy the car and possibly take it to summit point in October and November. I want to do a few local auto crosses first though.
I plan to do the CDV mod, upgraded engine and upgraded transmission mounts this winter.

Hope to see some of you guys out at bimmerfest east next week!

Last edited by Calichase; 07-26-2014 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0