I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
Keep in mind bubbles in tires are due to damage to the internal metal plies of the carcass (google image search 'tire carcass' and lots of fun informational pics show up).

Most often, the metal belts in the sidewall get damage from being pinched, such as hitting a pothole at speed. I suppose stiff suspension could play a minor roll but there's no way your springs are causing it, or even effecting it (IMO). Right now I'd have to ask if you recall hitting any potholes with that wheel or if there are any large bumps in the road (I.e. Raised pavement or metal plates) that you drive over every day.

The other factor that could play a big roll would be tire inflation. I imagine an under inflated tire would be be more prone to pinching the sidewall.

Lastly, if the tire was ever driven on while flat, it's almost guaranteed sidewall damage which will evolve to bubbling.
Thanks, I drive on I-95 everyday to work through NY and CT so it has its shares of imperfections but I'm pretty good about dodging potholes. Don't recall hitting anything harsh. Hopefully I won't see a 3rd bubble in 6 weeks.
Yeah right now my best guess is rotten luck. But you know what they say, third times a charm! Good luck, be sure to double check your tire PSI while cold too (though I'm sure TPMS would have caught that).

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0